Wednesday, April 14, 2010

These are a Few of My Favorite Things...



I was at the book store the other day browsing the children's book section (as usual) and came across some wonderful stories. I can spend an entire afternoon on the carpeted floor immersed in others' imaginations and admiring their art. I think I was the oldest kid there.

Here's a list of my favorites during my most recent visit (In no particular order). I have to say that while the stories I chose are all very unique and creative, it's the illustrations I fell in love with!

Farm
Written & Illustrated By Elisha Cooper WebLink




17 Things I'm Not Allowed To Do Anymore
Written By Jenny Offill & Illustrated By Nancy Carpenter WebLink





The Black Book Of Colors
Written By Menena Cottin & Illustrated By Rosana Faria WebLink




Forever Friends
Written & Illustrated By Carin Berger WebLink





Tales From Outer Surburbia
Written & Illustrated By Shaun Tan WebLink





The Incredible Book Eating Boy
Written & Illustrated By Oliver Jeffers WebLink




The Lion And The Mouse
By Jerry Pinkney WebLink





Tsunami!
Written By Kimiko Kajikawa & Illustrated By Ed Young WebLink






Wave
Written & Illustrated By Suzy Lee WebLink



1 comment:

  1. I agree - these pics make me want to read all of these books. Children's books are amazing...when I have kids - you can always get them books :)

    ReplyDelete