Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cut Vegetables In My Kitchen



For the past month or so I started working on a new mini project to decorate my walls in the kitchen. When we first moved in, my husband commissioned me to create some art of vegetables to hang on the walls. I experimented with oil painting them but the vegetables didn't have the graphic qualities I was looking for. (Or maybe oil painting just isn't my forte...) I was debating whether I should try to make some linoleum prints when I came across the inspiring work of Julene Harrison. She is a London-based cut-paper artist who creates beautiful custom typographic designs.

While my attempt at cut paper is not nearly as large or intricate as Julene's works, I had such fun creating this for my kitchen wall. I am already thinking of future projects where I can incorporate more cut paper!

Butternut Squash


Scallions


Corn


Tomatoes


Peppers


Avocado

2 comments: