Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Native American Inspiration



On a recent trip to the Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian, I became inspired by their culture and folklore. I thought I'd share a classic story about The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses by Paul Goble.

A native of England, the author and illustrator moved to the United States in 1977. His work is heavily influenced by Native Americans of the Plains. His art depicts their culture and environment in such brilliant colors and detailed patterns. Goble received a Caldecott Medal award in 1978 for this beautiful picture book.

“I feel that I have seen and learned many wonderful things from Indian people which most people would never have the opportunity to experience. I simply want to express and to share these things which I love so much.” - Paul Goble







No comments:

Post a Comment