Thursday, February 18, 2010

Painting On Walls



About 3 years ago, I had a dream about cranes. They were wading in a stream and in the moonlight I could see that all the birds had just their skeletal body. I was sitting in the grass leaning against a strong, sturdy willow tree. As I watched them drinking water, and catching fish, I noticed a couple of them start to take flight. In the distance the sun was coming up. As the flying crane came into contact with the sun's rays, its fleshly body and feathers began to appear. Just before I woke up, the bird completed its transformation fully submerged in the daylight.

I say all that because I'm attempting to paint a mural of this scene on my friend Jill's new apartment wall. Below are some preliminary sketches...enjoy.


Border with feathers & phases of the moon


Flying crane detail


Willow tree


Cranes in flight

No comments:

Post a Comment