Friday, March 19, 2010

Please Pay Me to Paint On Your Wall


In the past few weeks, I've started a massive mural project in my apartment. I had given up on decorating when after 2.5 years of living in it, my walls are still bare and the few photos I do have framed are pathetically lonely against my previous owners' paint color. (Hey, they did a decent job!) But after an unexpected project with my cousin involving a nursery room, paint, and a jungle scene, I started fantasizing about painting murals and creating decorative walls as a side job. Then I thought, wait, I have nothing to show for it...no one will trust me to dabble on their walls without a portfolio of past work. Next came the bright idea - why not decorate my own apartment and fill it with fun wall art ideas in every room! Luckily, my husband was more than agreeable. Now I stay up late into the night painting. It's fun, calming, gratifying, and kind of reminds me of art school without the added stress. Also, I like to get my hands dirty.

Here is my first of many projects. These are 4 faux frame silhouettes of birds...I'm waiting for the paint to dry so I can add in some highlights and details to the frames. What do you think? Let me know!















On another note, here is an update on the PenTales logo. Since the last post about it, the direction has changed dramatically. The clients wanted a more spontaneous, grittier feel to the logo - rather than my previous ones. (Perhaps, too corporate and tidy for what they had in mind)



Here is the final version they fell in love with. I can't wait to see it on their website soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment