Friday, March 5, 2010

Illustrator Beatriz Martin-Vidal



Take a look at Spanish illustrator, Beatriz Martin-Vidal's beautifully evocative illustrations. She has many published works including 'Secrets' & 'My baby Love' and a number of myths & fairy tales. Among them is the story of 'Little Red Riding Hood'. I love that the artist has updated the red cape to a red hoodie sweatshirt! The little girl's expressions are full of innocence and Beatriz has a great eye for perspective. She really knows how to layout a page and grab the reader's attention.

Ms. Martin-Vidal uses colored pencils, watercolors, inks and Photoshop in her work. They contain gorgeous textures and layers while still maintaining a sketchy, spontaneous quality. With each piece of artwork, I'm immediately drawn into the scene and the characters. What are they up to and why?

I hope you enjoy her illustrations as much as I do!

















No comments:

Post a Comment